Collage

Collage

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm so ready for the leaves to change! The weather has been absolutely gorgeous for the past couple weeks.

We took a family bike ride last night on the towpath along the river. We normally head east on the path, but we decided to check out what lies west. Amazing! We were west of the bridge in Grand Rapids, on the north side of the river. It's the side away from town, and town is blocked by a large island in the middle the river. It's gorgeous, and it feels much cleaner than the south side of the river. The towpath is, literally, immediately next to the river, to the point that only a little amount of rain would flood the path. Once you get to the end of the path, it opens up to a little park area. There is an awesome 2nd-story picnic shelter (bathrooms are on the 1st flr) that overlooks the river, there are picnic tables in a large open area. And, there is a "sidewalk," so to speak, that meanders along the riverbed. This is all next to the dam, so you just hear rushing water. It's so peaceful. I'm itching to take my camera down there and capture the beautiful changing leaves!

I've started planning Hendrix's 1st birthday party, in my head. I have some really amazing ideas, and I hope they turn out! For the past week or so, I've been experimenting with cake recipes. I made one from scratch last night, and it smells delicious, I can't wait to taste it tonight, and practice decorating. The party is going to be Saturday, November 20th, so I have just over 2 months to perfect my designs and ideas!

Speaking of Hendrix, he's trying to start talking, and its adorable! He walks around the house all day saying "dah," which is "dog." Everything is dog right now. Also, every time he hits 2 objects together, or against the floor, etc, we say "Tap,tap,tap," and last night in the tub, he started saying that. It was so cute I almost cried! He just made the "t" sound 3 times, but he's trying! I'm so proud of my boy. :)

Well, I must close for today. Have an enjoyable day and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment