Collage

Collage

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another busy weekend

*SIGH*

We had a very busy weekend! I have yet to get the pictures downloaded to my computer (I do most of these blogs at work, and pictures are on the computer at home), but I will try to get pictures from this weekend on here soon.


Friday evening, we headed out from Grand Rapids about 4:45, and arrived in Anderson, IN around 7 pm, at Nate, Brittany, and Landon's house. We enjoyed some Pizza King pizza, a rare treat for us buckeyes! We just hung out and let the boys play together. They are just so darn cute!

Hendrix, riding the truck

Saturday, Brittany and I ran to Kohl's, because she was looking for a pair of boots. She didn't have success with the boots, but we both found new purses! Brittany's purse is leather, and different color stripes. I have been looking for a blue leather-type purse for a few months now. I came accross one and checked the price tag, and it said $6.99! This purse was originally priced at $49.99 - what a steal! I thought that maybe the sticker was wrong, as this was a pretty nice purse, and sure enough, when the cashier rang up the purse, it rang up at a sale price of $32, but he gave it to me for $7, since that's what the sticker said. I was pretty excited. :)



My new blue purse



After purse shopping, we headed back to Nate and Britt's house and got ready for family pictures. Jon and Rachael arrived around 11 am, and proceeded to announce that they're expecting! Rachael is due June 13th. How exciting - another niece or nephew in the Metz family! Larry and Joyce arrived after that, and then the Metz Caravan headed out down I-69 to Plainfield, where we got family pictures taken. I have been able to see the proofs online, and they're such great pictures. I ordered 31 pictures, and will hopefully have them within a month or so. I can't wait to put together a Christmas card!

After pictures, we headed to my mom and dad's house in Portland. We went out to eat at El Camino Real. That's another rare treat for us, since we live 2 hours away. Delicious....... Granny got Hendrix some Elmo slippers for Halloween. They fit him perfectly, and are so cute! Once we got Hendrix to bed, Matt and I headed out to The Greazy Pickle - the only 1/2 way decent bar in Portland (not such a treat) and spent a few hours with Jo, Dave, Matt McDowell, Ryan Scott, Scott Hopkins, and Chastity Thomas. It was great to catch up with everyone.




Hendrix in his new Elmo slippers from Granny

It's always enjoyable to be able to spend time with our family, but it's so exhausting! We are staying home until the weekend of December 4th, which is Rylee's birthday party. The family will be coming in 3 weeks to our house for Hendrix's birthday party, but it's relaxation until then.
Hope everyone has a great week. Keep smiling. Let my little work buddy remind you to "Keep a Smile in Your Voice!" (Cheesy, yes. But cute.)







1 comment: