Collage

Collage

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Time is racing by.......

Wow, does time ever get away from you, or what?!? Matt and I have been married for over three years now, and our little man's 1st birthday is quickly approaching. ***sigh***

Matt and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary last Wednesday, October 6th. Well, we didn't do much celebrating Wednesday, actually. My mom and her mom came over Wednesday evening, as they were going to stay all weekend and watch Hendrix while Matt and I went to Toronto. So Wednesday evening consisted of having dinner (my homemade veggie soup) with them, and relaxing, while going through the "routines" to make their stay with Hendrix easier!

Matt and I headed out for Toronto around 8 am on Thursday. While Toronto is an amazing city, I must say that the drive to get there is terrible!!! There was construstion the whole way, which didn't help, but besides that, there is absolutely no scenery whatsoever! But, after over 5 hours of driving, we finally arrived at our hotel and checked in. I will post pictures and a description of our trip soon.

I didn't want to come back to work today, after being off for almost a week. Hendrix was NOT a happy camper this morning either. I almost stayed home from work, because I thought he was sick. But, I think he had just had a nightmare. I could hear what almost sounded like gasping for air on the baby monitor. I went up and checked on him and he was breathing normally. I took our things out to the car and came back in, and he was doing the gasping thing again. Then he started crying. I went upstairs, and he still appeared to be asleep, but it was time to go anyway, so I picked him up. He kept crying, and didn't really stop for a good 10-15 minutes. I got him dressed and gave him some ibuprofen incase he was teething, etc, and got him in the car. Once he was in the car and awake, he seemed fine. I dropped him off at daycare at 6:45. It's now after 10 and they haven't called me. Poor little baby boy.

Sunday was Applebutter Fest in Grand Rapids. It took a long time to get through the traffic to our house. Once we got home and settled, we went out for a walk around town to see the festivities. It was a very hot day on Sunday, and I think that contributed to alllllllll the people in town. Oh my goodness, it was crazy! We walked down to the toepath and back home. People......everywhere...... I think next year we'll stay home and watch the festivities from our front porch. Hahahaha.

I really hope these hot temperatures go away for good. I was quite enjoying the cooler temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment