Collage

Collage

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend

Friday evening, there was a get together with the ladies at church. We had dinner at P.F. Changs. I'd heard so many great things about it, and I was excited! The food was good, but - in my opinion - nothing to get ecstatic about. But it was very enjoyable, as always, to hang out with the girls and socialize a bit.

Saturday morning, I put in a few hours of overtime (7a-11:30a) at work, then came home and went into organization mode! I cleaned up the kitchen a bit, but my big project was re-organizing our desk/office area in the back of the house. We have a huge built in shelf back there, and it had become cluttered with junk. Plus, 2 drawers of our desk had been gradually filled with tools and junk......by Matt. So, I emptied everything (and I mean everything) from both the desk and the shelf and started over. I threw a bunch of stuff away and organized what was left. It looks so nice!!! I now have 2 drawers dedicated to scrapbooking, and a small corkboard for bills. Organization is so nice. :)

While I worked on the desk area, Matt worked on our coat closet, and we also tackled our closets upstairs. Needless to say, I currently have a huge box in the back of my car set to be taken to Goodwill. Its amazing how much "stuff" you can acquire in such a short time.

Saturday evening, I took my little lion trick-or-treating with Jeanna, Penny, Kay, and Beau around Grand Rapids. Hendrix didn't get that much candy, but he can't eat it anyway.

Sunday, we had planned on going to church, but ended up playing hooky. I felt guilty about it, of course. But lately, it seems as if life never stops for us. I go and go from 5am on Monday until about 5 pm on Friday, and then it seems like we have constant obligations on the weekends as well. Plus, I worked Saturday morning, and am leaving tomorrow morning for Atlanta for 3 days (work trip). I just wanted to spend time at home with my children (I have 3: Hendrix, Matt, and Corduroy). :o) So.....we hung out at home, did more organizing, and just relaxed. It was nice.

I'm excited to get away for a few days, in Atlanta, and have some time to myself (when not doing work related activities), but I know I am going to miss my Hendrix Pendrix so badly. I just feel so burnt out lately, about everything. Hopefully the trip goes well.

Well, that's all for today. I will hopefully post Halloween pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment