Collage

Collage

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hendrix......not so hot lately.


I've had one sick little boy this week. Hendrix's fever started on Sunday morning. I took his temperature before we headed out to church and it was at 99. I assumed it was a teething fever, and we headed to church anyway. Well, he progressively got whinier and worse all morning. When we got home it had gone up to 101, and his cough had gotten fairly nasty.


Monday morning, I got him up at the regular time, hoping he was better, and he had a fever of 102. Matt stayed home with him. He still had a high fever that evening, so I scheduled a dr. appointment for the next day, and on Tuesday, I stayed home from work and took him to the doctor. We were told he just had a cold, and the sickness needed to run it course.What a bummer. Tuesday evening, after some Motrin, he was playing and acting pretty normal.


Wednesday morning, I took his temperature and it was at about 99.5 degrees. Neither Matt nor I really wanted to miss another day of work, so I gave him some Motrin and sent him to daycare, fully expecting daycare to call me and tell me his fever had spiked back up. But he made it through the day!! He was just a grouch due to teething. He remained fever-free all day Wednesday, and when I woke him up this morning (Thursday), he was running at about 96 degrees - hallelujah! I actually took his temp twice to make sure it wasn't too good to be true!


He's still got a pretty nasty cough, but we're giving him breathing treatments twice a day, decongestant 3 times a day, and running a humidifier with Vicks in his room at night. Hopefully it will pass shortly, because the poor baby hasn't slept well in over a week. Plus, his 1st birthday is tomorrow and I don't want him to be sick for that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment