Collage

Collage

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Metz Thanksgiving

The Metz Thanksgiving was......not very exciting. However, it was still an enjoyable holiday, as always, and we - as a family - have so much for which to be thankful!!

Since I always work the day before and the day after the holiday, we didn't go anywhere. And since we were set on being in the area, I decided to sign up to work, since the pay is double time and a half on holidays. So, I worked 7a-3:30p. Matt's co-worker, Grant, was going to be spending Thanksgiving with just his mom in Bowling Green, so they invited us over. It was such a nice gesture. Matt and Hendrix headed to BG around 2, and I met them there at 4, after work. Grant's mom cooked a whole chicken, and then there were all the traditional fixings to go with it: mashed and sweet potatoes, stuffing, corn, peas, rolls, etc. And of course pumpkin pie for desert. It was all delicious!! After the meal, we hung out for a bit, and headed home to get Hendrix to bed around 8. It was low key, but very enjoyable.

And now, we're on to Christmas! We got a pre-cut live tree on Saturday, and spent Saturday and Sunday decorating the tree and the house for the holidays. Sunday after church, I hung Christmas lights outside. It looks so nice! I can't wait to show you pictures (I'm at work, camera is at home)! So, we're all decorated for Christmas. If only I could get ahead on my shopping.....

No comments:

Post a Comment