Collage

Collage

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bom bom bom.......TAX TIME.

It's finally Thursday! I'm so excited because I get to start my second Beth Moore bibly study with the ladies this evening at church. Woo hoo!

Side note bummer though - I have ANOTHER cold. I just had the nastiest cold ever in December, and now here I am with another one, about 6 weeks later. Ugh. Can't really take anything since I'm pregnant, so I guess I just suck it up and give it time.

Well, it's that time of year. The time of year that makes most people smile. The time of year that - lately - has made me cringe. Taxes. Our Schindler W2's came out today online. I printed mine off, and the amount I paid in taxes seems low to me. Plus, we lived in Grand Rapids all of 2010, and have been paying taxes to Bowling Green the entire time, so we're going to - again - owe lots of money to the Otsego school district. We should get that money back from Bowling Green, though. But for the past two years, we've owed money. Not a ton, but it's still so frustrating. You hear about all these people getting $5k, $6k back, and here we are - hard workers - owing a few hundred dollars. I won't go off about politics right now - but lets just say our system is SO screwed up. Ok, I'm done now. :)

We are doing TurboTax this year, however. Due to Matt's preference, we've gone to HR Block the past 2 years, and I feel like it's such a rip off. It costs almost $300 just for them do to the taxes. We're totally capable of doing them on our own, so we're going to this year. At least we won't owe money to the government AND HR Block this year. That's been a double wammy.

Well this post has officially depressed me for the day. Good thing I get to dive into Beth Moore tonight! I'll let you know how it goes!

Have a good Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment