Collage

Collage

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Is it spring yet?!?

Never before have I been so ready for spring! It's been bitterly cold and snowy this January/February (so far), and I'm tired of being cooped up in the house, fighting germs, germs, and more germs!

Little Hendrix has been sick again. Last evening he was running a fever of 103.7. Yikes. That's the highest fever he's ever had. I didn't give him motrin right away, because I feel that the fever is the body's natural way of fighting the virus or bacteria that's invading it. So we just cuddles lots and he slept in Matt and I's lap. I gave him a quick bath around 7, then dosed him with some motrin and he went to bed at 8 and slept until 4. At 4 am, he was fever free. I put him back down and he slept until almost 7. We stayed home for a few extra hours this morning so I could monitor his behavior and make a decision about whether or not to send him to daycare. He was acting pretty normal, so I sent him. I'm now sitting here beating myself up over that decision, but I just called to check on him and he seems to be doing well. I wish it wasn't so hard to balance being a mommy and working full time. It's a constant struggle with guilt for me..... :(

Anyway, here are some sicky pictures of Hendrix that I took yesterday afternoon/evening.

In the car on the way home from daycare.....zoned out.

Sleeping in my lap last evening.






No comments:

Post a Comment