Collage

Collage

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

26 weeks pregnant

That's right - I'm in the last week of my 2nd trimester. Woo hoo!! This little boy is the most active thing.....I swear, my belly had to look like popcorn was popping in it last night when I was laying in bed.

Baby development this week: Air sacks are developing in baby's lungs, so he'd most likely be able to breathe on his own this week. He's practicing by inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid. His eyes are fully developed this week, and if they were open, he'd be able to see. Brainwaves for auditory and visual systems are now detectable - which means that baby can sense sound and light, though he may not know what it means yet. Baby will begin recognizing my voice, along with those around me (Matt, Hendrix). Baby is now about 1 and 2/3 lbs, and is around 14 inches long.




1 comment: