Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Wish we could afford for me not to work......

I feel like I've been slacking in my blogging lately. Life just never stops, I swear!!

Well, I spoke to the ENT today, and had scheduled Hendrix's tubes surgery for Monday, March 28th. But my department at work tells me the vacation schedule is full for that day and they're unable to give me the day off. I'm so upset. I've been fighting (and giving into) tears all morning. I've had enough of this department's unwillingness to work with any aspect of its employees' lives outside of this job. THIS JOB IS NOT MY PRIORITY, AND IT NEVER WILL BE! But anyway, I've got a message into the surgery coordinator, and I'm seeing about rescheduling it. If that's not an option, I'm going to see if I can get FMLA. It just amazes me that I'm asking for 1 day - not 2 or 3, not a whole week - for my son's surgery, and this department's management is just like, "Sorry!!" Ugh I'm so disgusted.

This latest work situation is driving me closer to moving to part-time second shift. Matt and I have talked about it. I'm thinking I'd work either 5-9P or 5-10P Monday through Friday. That way, I could be with the boys during the day, and Matt could be with them in the evenings. We wouldn't have to ever worry about ridiculous issues such as the not-being-able-to-get-off-for-necessary-events, child sickness, etc. We'd eliminate the cost of daycare. I'd be making about 1/2 as much money, but as it stands right now, Hendrix's daycare costs me 1/2 of my paycheck anyway, so financially, we'd be sitting at about the same place.

I'm struggling so much right now emotionally with making the decision regarding working and being a mom. My child (soon to be children) are the utmost priority for me right now, and I've got to do what's best for them. I just wish I could figure it out.

Prayers for wisdom are appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment