Collage

Collage

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Skunky weekend.....


What an eventful weekend!


Yesterday, Matt and I were very rudely awakened at 4:45 AM to the smell of a skunk. And I'm not talking about a skunk that was hit outside on the road and the smell found its way in. I'm talking - it smelled like the dumb thing was at the foot of our bed when it decided to spray. It was N-A-S-T-Y. We both got up to investigate the situation, and make sure the skunk wasn't actually in our house. I'm sure the scene was quite comical. We're tiptoeing around with a flashlight, whispering, scared to death of what we're going to find.....Well, we found nothing.


I got up at 6 to head to the hospital for my blood glucose testing, and was gone for about 4 hours. I spoke to Matt while I was there and he said he didn't think the smell was as strong as it had been, so that made me hopeful. I got home a little after 10 AM, and the smell was still just as overpowering. We called an exterminator and he came over and set traps in our backyard, after finding two access points to under our house, both of them "showing activity." And that was that.


This morning (Sunday), we had caught a possum, but no skunk. We must say, we were a bit disappointed. We were hoping to catch the skunk so we could fill in the access points to under the house so no more creatures could be making their homes underneath our home!! But at least we know that skunks weren't the only things making themselves at home under our address. The traps are going to be left out for a week or so, and we're hoping to catch the skunk, then fill in the access points.


Our house still smells, but from what I've read online, there isn't much you can do about the smell other than just let it dissipate. Boo. It's not as bad today as it was yesterday, but we're so used to smelling it at this point, that we've become a bit de-sensitized to it. If the darn weather would warm up, we'd open all the windows, but until then, we're just kind of dealing with it.


REALLY hope it goes away soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment