Collage

Collage

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend was nice. The weather was beautiful!


Hendrix is going through a very difficult stage right now, and it's taking a toll on both Matt and I. He's just being a toddler, and trying to assert his independence as much as possible, and I'm trying to understand that. But it's taking a LOT of patience, and I have to pray for more patience several times a day!!!


The latest with this little monster is that he has decided to get out of bed at bedtime. The first night he did it (Friday night), I put him back in bed 8 times, then gave up and patted his back until he fell asleep (shame on me). The second night, I sat in his rocking chair, completely ignoring him, until he fell asleep. Last night, I stood in his doorway (it took the booger 40 minutes to go to sleep - ouch on my back and feet!). Tonight, I'm having Matt do bedtime duty, and I'll have him stand in the doorway again. I feel that in order to nip this problem in the bud, Hendrix HAS to know that Matt and I will be consistent in our deliverance of correction and discipline. We've got to be a united front. I think (and am fervently hoping and praying) that this phase will pass within a few weeks. REALLY praying it passes before Jameson's arrival.


Sunday, Hendrix decided he wanted to get out of bed at 5:45 AM. I said absolutely NOT, directed him back to bed, and made him stay there until 6:30. I was hoping he'd fall back asleep in those 45 minutes, but no such luck. So I got him up at 6:30 and took him downstairs, where he proceeded to throw a tantrum for over 40 minutes. Matt lost his patience and snapped at him, which upset me and cause Matt and I to get into a fairly significant argument. Sigh. All was ok by Sunday afternoon, but the morning was intense. We went to church, came home and napped, then I worked out in the flower beds for a couple of hours, planting the new plants we got Friday evening. The beds look slightly sparse, but they'll fill in here within a month or so, I'm sure.


That, in a nutshell, was my Mother's Day. Hehehe. Here are some pictures from the day:



The east bed.



The west bed, a mirror image of the other.



My little man with my gardening gloves on. Hehehehe!!





My little helper.







Man, that was hard work. Let's just take a relaxing drive to unwind.
































No comments:

Post a Comment