Collage

Collage

Monday, June 13, 2011

38 Weeks Pregnant

I'm doing all I can at this point to put myself into labor......we went to El Zarape for lunch on Saturday. Though my meal wasn't too spicy, I'm hoping I had enough spice to do it (doubting it!). Also, I plan on cutting up a fresh, ripe pineapple and digging into it this evening - YUMMY! I haven't had the energy to walk as much as I want, but we've still been walking a lot, since Hendrix loves being outside so much. But the method I'm most hopeful about is the licorice root tea. It's nasty - I mean NASTY. But, if you research it, the research shows that it has been known to induce labor, and I was told at my first OB history appointment to avoid it, as it can induce labor. So I'm attempting to drink 3 cups a day (only had 2 yesterday). I can finish off an 8 oz cup in 4 large gulps, so that's the way I attack it. Hahahaha! It's not the taste that bothers me - it's the sweetness. Natural licorice root is 50 times sweeter than sugar, and it is, in fact, SO sweet that it tastes like that fake saccharin - and leaves the gross aftertaste. But if it helps, it's worth it. I just hope I'm not suffering through this for nothing!

IF all else fails, there are only 11 days until June 24th! I go back to the doctor on Thursday, and I'm going to tell him let's go ahead and plan on induction on the 24th, since my mom already has the day off work. I also let my job know that my last day will be the 22nd, and don't really want to change that. I'm so ready for a break from that place......

Baby development this week: Plenty of poo (meconium) has built up in baby's intestines, and will be expelled shortly after birth. His fingernails have grown past the ends of his fingers, and he may scratch his face in the womb. Lungs and brain continue to develop, and will continue to do so into the teenage years. On average, babies at this point weigh about 6 and 1/2 lbs and are between 19 and 20 inches long.






1 comment: