Collage

Collage

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

39 WEEKS PREGNANT

Oh man, oh man I'm the same as there!!

I went to the doctor last Thursday, hoping for good news, and I got it....kind of. :) When I was pregnant with Hendrix, the farthest I got on my own was 1 and 1/2 cm dilated. As of Thursday I was at 3 cm! Dr. Leggat stated the my cervix was soft, but that it had not effaced really at all, and that the baby had not yet dropped. Grr. BUT, that's definitely movement in the right direction!!! He asked me if I wanted to try to go into labor on my own, or if we still wanted to schedule induction for Friday the 24th. As much as I'd love to go into labor on my own, I decided to go ahead and schedule the induction. My mom already has the day off to come and take care of Hendrix, and I'm so incredibly TIRED of being pregnant and hurting. Let's do this. :) So, induction is scheduled for Friday morning and I'm so excited! I go back to the doctor Thursday at 4, and providing nothing has changed significantly, we'll go in early Friday morning to start the Pitocin. Yay!

Baby development at 39 weeks: Baby gets hiccups frequently at this point in the pregnancy, as the amniotic fluid gets into his windpipe. Lanugo has mostly disappeared. The color of his skin is changing from a pinkish hue to a more white, normal looking color. Most babies at this point are around 19-20 inches long and weigh somewhere around 7 lbs.




Tomorrow is my last day of work. As of right now, I have about 11 hours of work separating me from maternity leave and I can't wait!!! I"m only working 7-1 tomorrow, then using those 2 hours of freedom to run any last minute errands I need to do. I plan on spending Thursday on the couch, relaxing, watching TV and movies, because life is about to get quite hectic as of Friday evening!!! My mom is coming Thursday evening so she can watch Hendrix while we are in the hospital.



All the plans are in place, I'm just waiting for Friday. This is the hardest part!

1 comment: