Collage

Collage

Monday, June 6, 2011

Our weekend

It was a hot weekend!! Saturday saw about 95 degrees, I think. However, with that little boy of mine, we were of course outside. We first went out Saturday morning around 10 am. We took lots of breaks throughout the day, and re-applied sun screen many times, but we were out basically from 10 am until about 7:30 pm. Whew! The wonderful sun did kiss my shoulders and face, though - finally!

We've been talking for a long time now about tearing down our current deck and re-building. We've started talking more seriously about it recently, and Saturday, late afternoon, as we were talking about it, Matt got out his sledge hammer and the cro-bar, and started removing the top of the lower tier. Exciting!! He has the lower tier 1/2 removed, and plans on continuing at it this week. Here are pics of his progress so far:










Sunday, we went to church (I am teaching Jr. Church last week and this coming week), then came home and napped for about an hour. After nap, I let Hendrix play in the hose for a few minutes - he loved it! Then, I started sewing cushion slip-covers for a glider rocker I picked up for free off the side of the road. :) I've got the back cushion covered, just need to sew the cover for the seat cushion. I used some plain tan fabric we already had, so it didn't cost me a thing - and we'll have another rocker for upstairs within a day or two - sweet deal!


Overall, it was a really great weekend. If it's not miserable this coming weekend, I'd like to take Hendrix to the zoo again before he becomes a big brother. And if it is miserable, we'll settle for the Grand Rapids swimming pool!!


Just for fun - here's a cute pic of Hendrix and daddy. Hendrix loves to wear Matt's hat, and he had it on for a good 30 minutes or so last evening - just too adorable!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment