Collage

Collage

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Baby Wise - Day 1

So in my frustration from lack of sleep, I'm trying to find ways to get this little newborn of mine to sleep better at night. I'd heard good things about the book "On Becoming Baby Wise." The main theme to remember in this sleep strategy is "Eat time, wake time, and sleep time," and it's important to remember those in that order.

The key is getting your baby on a 2 and 1/2 to 4 hour (depending on age and whether or not it's breastfed) schedule of eating, being awake, then sleeping. Right now (1:30 pm) we're in the wake stage of our second phase. He's a bit fussy, but gets frustrated when the pacifier falls out of his mouth, but I'm not rushing to put it back in every time.....

He has been pretty bad about just snacking when we feed him, and only taking 1-2 ounces at a time. So for the past 3 days, I've been working on getting him to go longer between feedings, and today is the first day I've really applied BabyWise. Keeping him awake after feedings is a challenge as well, but so far, so good. I'm hoping his sleep starts to improve in the next few weeks, because I'm seriously exhausted and at my wits end!!!

I'll keep you posted on our progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment