Collage

Collage

Friday, July 15, 2011

Jameson is 3 weeks old!

Sometimes its hard to believe that three weeks have passed since Jameson was born, and sometimes it feels like its been many months! Oh, the newborn stage is so difficult.

Jameson is NOT sleeping well at all. I can usually get one stretch of sleep out of him - sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 3 if I'm really lucky - and then he gets up hourly - sometimes more - for the rest of the night. I'm so exhausted. I told Matt that since he's working and I'm not, that he doesn't have to help with the night feedings during the week. I'm now regretting telling him that! I'm sooooo tired and not sure I can continue to do this on my own.

Hendrix has 2 more weeks at daycare, then I'll have him here with me as well. I'll certainly need Matt's help once that takes place. I got him into a daycare center part time (2 days a week) here in Grand Rapids, because I think he needs that element of socialization. But he'll still be here at home with me 3 days. I want to have lots of things planned so he doesn't get bored, but it will be quite difficult with a tiny baby. I hate to wish time away, but I do want Jameson to be about 3-4 months old already. hahaha.

Other than the sleeping thing (or lack of sleeping) things are going well. Hendrix had a good night last night with being gentle to brother. I even let him hold him for a few seconds, as you'll see in the picture below. Jameson still isn't smiling, but he's only 3 weeks today. I don't expect any smiles for a few weeks yet. I remember from Hendrix how rewarding that 1st smile is though! I'm so looking forward to it. Jameson tends to get gas a lot, but we use Mylicon and it seems to help. We're getting through it, day by day. And I know that things will only continue to improve. I've always said the 1-month mark is where it is the most difficult, and we're not even there for another week yet. We'll make it. Things will be getting easier before we know it.




Jameson checking out his surroundings - relaxing in the boppy pillow.



Hendrix got to hold his little brother for the 1st time - he was so proud!! (Jameson looks eerily like me as a baby in this picture - even though its fuzzy!)




No comments:

Post a Comment