Collage

Collage

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The MILF-quest has begun!

Ok, if you don't know what MILF stands for, I will not explain it. :)

Anyway, if you've been following my blog for any amount of time, you know all through my pregnancy with Jameson, I've been going on and on about how I can't wait to get back into the work-out routine and get back in shape. Well, I started last night!!!

I've been wanting to do the "Couch to 5k" running program for a while, and I did the first day of that program last evening, after Hendrix went to bed. The idea behind the program is to go from couch (no physical activity) to running 3.1 miles (5k) or 30 minutes straight in 9 weeks. I haven't worked out in about 4 months, so I thought this would be a good way for me to ease back into things. The website advises against pushing yourself harder than the program recommends so that you don't get burnt out. So I'm going to follow the program just as it states to and hopefully it will be very successful for me!

Last night's workout: brisk 5 minute warm up walk, then alternating 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes, then a 3 minute cool down. I had no problem last evening keeping up this pace. Grand Rapids is such a cute and quaint little town, and I enjoyed seeing some of it that I don't usually see in my everyday driving. For now, I'm going to get out and do my exercising after Hendrix goes to bed. I'm not sure when I'll squeeze it in once I go back to work, but I'll find a way to do it, I'm determined. I'm very happy with the way I look right now, 3 weeks post-partum with my second child, but I just want to work on toning and trimming, and achieve that MILF status I've been coveting for so long!!! :)

I'll keep you posted on my progress!!!


http://www.c25k.com

No comments:

Post a Comment