Collage

Collage

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Our Weekend (July 9-10)

Is it bad that, now that I'm on maternity leave, I look forward to the weekdays more than the weekends? :o) Don't get me wrong, I love my Hendrix more than anything, but that boy is just BUSY!!! There's just no rest with him around on the weekends. I'm going to be pulling him from daycare in less than a month so I'm trying to enjoy my restful opportunities as they come right now. Jameson is not doing so well with the whole sleeping-at-night thing. I'm very lucky to get a 3-hour stretch out of him. He hasn't slept for 3 solid hours for the past 2 nights. I'm tired to say the least!

Other than that, we're doing well. This weekend was kind of chaotic. Matt called me at 9:15 Friday morning and asked if I was ready to get crazy. Larry, Joyce, Jon, Rachael, and Gracie came over Friday night and stayed the night. We had breakfast and lunch Saturday, then they headed back to Indiana. It was enjoyable, and exhausting at the same time. So glad they made it over though!! Saturday evening, we went into Bowling Green to get Hendrix a haircut. He got a buzz cut and it's just so cute!!! We also went to WalMart and got him his very own potty chair. He's pretty young for potty training, and we're aware of that, but he is showing signs of readiness, so we're introducing it to him, not going to push the issue too hard, and just see what happens. He'll sit on the potty, but won't do anything. I think that's probably normal with kids.

This morning, we went to church, came home and napped. Now Matt and hendrix are playing outside, while I'm inside with Jameson. It's so hot out, we fear Jameson overheating, so we don't take him outside other than for walks. I'm sure we'll go on a walk later this evening, when it cools down a bit. It's only mid-July and I'm already ready for cool fall weather. I've got a couple months of scorchers left, I think. Eww.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Bring on week 3 of maternity leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment