Collage

Collage

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A New Chapter in our Daily Lives

Starting yesterday, Hendrix no longer goes to Children's Discover Center. He's home with me Mon-Tues-Thurs, and he'll go to Willow Early Childhood Center (here in Grand Rapids) on Weds and Fri.

I was pretty nervous and anxious about having both boys with me all day long. Jameson is still so needy.....it's been challenging, of course, but we've survived. This morning I managed to get Jameson to take a nice nap and took Hendrix right outside (while continuously checking on J of course) and we ran and burned off some energy.

With Jameson having been diagnosed colic, I had kind of put the "Baby-Wise" routine on the back burner. If he wanted to fall asleep after eating, then so be it - I didn't want to listen to his crying! But now that he's doing better on this new formula, I'm trying to start it back up. It's hard, managing that routine along with keeping Hendrix mostly happy, but I figure that the hard work will pay off if he starts sleeping better at night. The past two nights, he's slept 4 hours, then 2, and has had me up before 6 am. I'm sooooo sleepy. I have no expectations for him to sleep through the night at any certain age, I'm just wanting him to start sleeping longer, or to give me two 4-hour stretches, instead of one 4-hour stretch then a much shorter one. I'm not picky, just let me get more sleep, kiddo!!!

Hendrix starts his new daycare tomorrow. It's much different than Children's Discover Center. It's very small, but I think it'll be good for him to get out and be social 2 days a week. He needs that in his life, I think. I've been trying to keep him occupied and engaged, but its difficult!

All in all, I'm surviving. Just would really love some more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment