Collage

Collage

Monday, October 10, 2011

Family Update

Again, it seems all I've been posting about lately has been running. Sorry. I know lots of people don't care about it like I do.

Matt and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary this past Thursday. Our lives have seriously been a whirlwind the whole 5 years we've been together! I wouldn't trade any of our adventures, though. He's such a great husband, daddy, and housemate. I'm quite a lucky woman.

Jameson has to have the sweetest personality on the face of this planet, which is saying something, based on his "personality" the first 3 months of his life. I seriously wouldn't wish colic on my worst enemy (I don't have any of those, do I?)! He just babbles and talks and coos almost the whole time he's awake and it's just too adorable for words! I've never heard a baby babble like him. I just LOVE to scoop him up and smoosh my lips into his FAT cheeks and kiss away!

Hendrix is well........being a typical (almost) 2 year old. Ha!! When he's in one of his moods, just watch out. His big thing right now is "No, I do it!" If Matt or I do something mundane, without giving it any thought - such as flipping a light switch, or closing the microwave door - Hendrix will sometimes just melt down into a huge tantrum that can last for 5 or 45 minutes. Yikes. We do our best to let him do a lot of stuff on his own. That being said, when Hendrix is in an agreeable mood, there's no one in the world I'd rather hang out with than him! He's talking like a champ, and it's just so fun and heartwarming to giggle and play games with him. He loves football right now, which is AWESOME! He's also doing GREAT with potty training. Other than bedtime, he's been in undies since Saturday morning, with only 2 accidents. I'm very proud of him, since he's not even two years old for another 6 weeks (6 weeks - that's all?!??).

We will be travelling to Indiana in two weeks to see Gigi (my mom's mom). We're quite excited to see her. We will also see Matt's family, of course. Matt's dad has just finished his 1st round of chemo/radiation and seems to be in pretty good spirits. All we can do is pray at this point.

Applebutter Fest was this weekend in Grand Rapids. It was crazy as usual. Starting now, I'm going to be focusing on building some inventory of hand-made items, with the hope of taking part in some craft shows in 2012. I just love making things, and hope I can sell some stuff to make a little bit of extra money. Wish me luck!

So, we're doing well! More updates to come. Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment