Collage

Collage

Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

There is a recipe floating around out there for 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins. That's right. Just 2 ingredients. Here's one of the websites at which it can be found:
http://sweet-verbena.blogspot.com/2011/08/pumpkin-muffins.html

I made these muffins/cupcakes last weekend for Applebutter Fest. They were.......ok. I didn't really taste the pumpkin flavor. Even with the delicious cream cheese icing I added to them, they were still mediocre, at best.

Matt enjoyed them (really, he just enjoyed the icing), and asked me to try them again, maybe adding some pumpkin pie spice to them. So I once again purchased the classic yellow cake mix, and a can of pumpkin. I wandered over to the spice aisle. If you've ever had to purchase spices for a recipe, you know how expensive they are. I took one look at the prices, and decided to use what I had at home.

In addition to the cake mix and pumpkin, I added 1 tsp of allspice, 1 tsp of nutmeg, and 2 tsp of cinnamon. That's it. With what I added, this recipe is still one of the easiest I've ever done. The result? Delicious. Much more pumpkin-spice-ish. And that cream cheese icing.....Mmmmmmm.


I highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment