Collage

Collage

Monday, November 21, 2011

Gobble, gobble

Wow. I'm pretty much in denial that Thursday is Thanksgiving. Where did November go!?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited. But man, time is just marching right along!

This year, we are going to Elwood to spend the holiday with Matt's family. It will be a first for us in our marriage. I was thinking back to what we've done each year:

2007: We'd been married a month. We went to Galesburg and spent Thanksgiving at Gigi's house.
2008: I worked Thanksgiving day, and we attempted to cook our own turkey. I think it turned out ok. :)
2009: Hendrix was 1 week old, and Larry and Joyce came to our house for the meal.
2010: I worked, and we stayed home.

This year, we actually get to spend it with all the Metz's, and I'm pretty excited! We're just making a day trip though. Not spending the night. That's just too much for us. But it should be a great day to give thanks for all we have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment