Collage

Collage

Thursday, December 1, 2011

13.1 !?!??????

I'm freaking out a little. A runner friend of mine has asked me to train for and run the Glass City 1/2 Marathon in April with her. It's April 22nd, to be exact. Not that I'm worried or anything, but that's 142 days from now. That's ONLY 142 days. Oh my goodness......is this something I want to do? I'm scared of failure!!!

But here's the thing.....I'm looking up training schedules on line, and they're all around 9-12 weeks training. There are 20 weeks until the race. I figure if I don't make the distance goal on a particular week, that gives me 8 weeks of cushion.

Here's the deal. I'm not going to just not try. That in itself is automatic failure. Will I be able to do it? I don't know. But I'm going to give it a shot. I mean, I can't imagine the feeling of crossing the finish line, after running 13.1 miles. Wow.....it would most definitely be one of the most awesome accomplishments of my life!!!

I'm going to go out and run 4 tomorrow. I keep catching myself saying, "I'm going to try and run 4 miles tomorrow." Then I correct myself - "No, I'm GOING to run 4 miles tomorrow." This training is going to be grueling, but like I said - how AMAZING would it feel to finish my 1st 1/2 marathon?

Ok people - inspiration appreciated!!! Send it my way!





!

No comments:

Post a Comment