Collage

Collage

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Know Stephanie better.....Issue #1 :)

I'd like to start doing a weekly blog entry that goes a little deeper into "Stephanie." I mainly post about the kids, family, running, and crafting.... I think it'd be nice to post a bit more about my life, my thoughts, who I am, etc. I've turned to a website for topic ideas. Here's the first:


How are you different? Imagine you are in a room with 50 random strangers. List ten ways that you are PROBABLY different from every stranger in that room, then write a piece (poetry or paragraph) that celebrates those differences.


1) I speak two languages. I was going to state that I speak Spanish, and that makes me different, but Spanish is more widely spoken than English anymore!


2) I'm a mommy to two precious boys. Lots of people can be moms, but when you narrow it down to the number of children you have, and the gender of each, that makes me different from other moms!


3) I have played the piano my whole life. Lots of people play instruments, I'd imagine. But if you take into account that fact that I started playing by ear when I was just 2 years old, I'd say that makes me unique.


4) I exercise regularly. A lot of people have this ambition, but few (in my opinion) can actually stick with it. I've been working out pretty regularly since September of 2008. You can further this uniqueness with the fact that I'm in training to run a 1/2 marathon in April.


5) I have lived in a foreign country. My semester spent in Spain was amazing and an experience that I'll carry with me for the rest of my life!


6) I'm a PK. For those of you who aren't familiar with that term, it means preacher's kid. :)


7) I live in a village. Not a city, not even a town. A village. :)


8) I like brussel sprouts. Honest! I've only ever had them fresh, and don't imagine I'd enjoy them from a can, but I think they're tasty, and I'm sure have immeasurable health benefits.


9) I love to pay bills. How strange am I? I don't necessarily enjoy saying goodbye to all my money, but love the feeling of being caught up on finances, and crossing those things off my to-do list!


10) I really don't mind doing housework. Wouldn't say I love it, but I love being in my home, and having a cozy home to clean, so it doesn't bother me so much. :)



Wow! This post was much more difficult to write than I imagined! I feel like I'm pretty average, so it was difficult for me to come up with ten ways in which I'm different from 50 random strangers in a room. Since I kind of elaborated on each one as I stated it, I'm not going to write the little "celebration" paragraph.


This was fun! We'll continue next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment