Collage

Collage

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fitness 2012: Week 6 (2/5/12 - 2/11/12)

Sunday, 2/5: I ran 8.05 miles with an average pace of 9:24. This has definitely been my best run so far!

Tuesday, 2/7: I ran 4.05 miles, after the boys were in bed with an average pace of 9:47.

Thursday, 2/9: I ran 2.18 miles after the boys were in bed with an average pace of 9:15. I ran a shorter distance in preparation for a 9 mile run on Saturday morning......read on.


Saturday, 2/11: I ran 2.20 miles first thing in the morning with an average pace of 9:19. This day was a big disappointment. I had been planning all week on doing a long 9-mile run Saturday morning. I could see as soon as I woke up that it wasn't going to happen. It had snowed about 2 inches, and the last time I attempted a long run in snow, my legs were so sore I could barely walk for about 3 days. But I got dressed and headed out anyway, the new goal being 3 miles. To say it was cold outside would be a gross understatement. I didn't check the temp until I got back home, but it was 11 degrees, with a windchill of -6. At about 1.6 miles, my eyes (the only exposed part of my face) were so cold that they started burning, and at that point I decided that it wasn't just cold, it was dangerously cold outside. I'm trying to train for a race, not injure myself. So I went home. We'll try again this weekend, and hope for no snow, and a bit warmer temps!


Total miles for the week: 16.48


Total miles for the month: 21.63

Total miles for the year: 56.05

(I really like keeping track of my mileage. How fun to see what I've accomplished!)

No comments:

Post a Comment