Collage

Collage

Monday, February 13, 2012

Fitness 2012: Week 7 (Sun 2/12 - Sat 2/18)

Sunday 2/12: Rest Day


Monday 2/13: I ran 3.13 miles with a pace around 9:12.

Tuesday 2/14: Rest day

Wednesday 2/15: I ran 4.25 miles. I thought I had shut the timer off on the watch when I stopped running, but had apparently left it on, for about 15 extra minutes. So that jacked with my pace seriously. Grr. Irritating. I'm guessing pace was somewhere around 9:45.

Thursday 2/16: Rest Day

Friday 2/17: Rest Day

Saturday 2/18: I ran 9.00 miles (longest yet!) on the Wabash Cannonball Trail, early Saturday morning. While I'm proud to put this distance down, it was NOT without difficulty. I've been having pain in my right knee, and after doing some web research (I know, I know...the internet is not a substitute for a doctor), I'm 99% sure I have runner's knee. The good news about this is that it appears to be something that I can take care of on my own, without going to a doctor. Here's my problem: I push myself too hard sometimes (ok, most of the time).

I need to stay off my knee next week and rest. You know how hard that's going to be for me?!? I'm going to do my best to do non-impact exercise such as the elliptical or exercise bike this week. The LAST thing I want to have happen is to really injure myself, then not be able to run this race. I would seriously cry.

So, as of this week:

Miles for the week: 16.28
Miles for February: 37.91
Miles for 2012: 93.96

I'm sad to say that I won't see myself hit 100 miles for the year this week, since I'm resting, but I can look forward to that next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment