Collage

Collage

Monday, February 27, 2012

Fitness 2012: Week 9 (Feb 26 - Mar 3)

Sunday 2/26:
Ran 6.8 miles

The goal here was 9 miles. As you know from my previous "Fitness 2012" post, I've been dealing with some knee pain. I was really hoping that an easy week of elliptical-only exercise would do the trick. Well....not so much. I set out on this run with high hopes. I ended this run barely able to move, and almost in tears - not from pain, but from disappointment. I hobbled the last 1/2 mile home, and iced my knee. I took ibuprofen, and it got to feeling better later in the day - enough so that Hendrix and I went out on a little geocaching hunt - more on that later. Today (Mon, 2/27), it's very stiff and sore, and I'm taking more ibuprofen and icing it for periods of 15-20 minutes at a time. I'm soooo frustrated!


I'm now unsure whether I have runner's knee, or ITBS, so I'm taking precautionary measures against both. The main component of those treatments: rest. I'm resting, icing, taking ibuprofen. Today, I ordered a couple braces for my leg and knee that are supposed to help with these ailments, and I also ordered a foam roller. This scares me a little bit, but I know its necessary. It scares me because I've heard if you have sore muscles, foam rolling can be pretty painful, but it also helps tremendously. We shall see how it goes.

So needless to say, it's going to be another very low-mileage week. :( I did get to see a very pretty sunset over the river on my run Sunday morning though!

And a really cool house along the towpath! You can't really tell from the picture, but almost the entire back of this house is windows, overlooking the river. So neat!



Ok, so I guess that's it. I have a bona fide excuse for laziness this week, and I'm NOT happy about it. Encouraging words are appreciated!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment