Collage

Collage

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Know Stephanie Better ... Issue #2

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Oh, doesn't everyone ask themselves this question at least a few times in their life? It's just so fun to dream!

So, if I won the lottery (let's say I won $10 million, just for fun), I'd have no debt! The first thing I'd do would be to pay off all my outstanding debt: my mortgage, my car, my school loans, my medical bills, and my credit cards. Whew, I already feel better! :)

After all the bills were paid, I'd give money to my family: my parents, my sister, my grandparents, and my aunts and uncles.

Next, I'd open two investment accounts (I'm not schooled at all on investments, I just know I'm going to be making more than a few bucks a month on these accounts from interest) for each of my boys. They can have access to them when they're 18. I'd like them to be used for school, but it'd be their money, so they could spend it as they choose. Hopefully I'd raise my children so that they can appreciate things like this, and spend it very wisely.

Once all my family was taken care of, I'd donate to charity. I'd give a sum to our church. I recently heard of a charity that helps children who have a parent in prison. I think this is a fantastic idea, and I'd probably donate to that cause.

Once I'd taken care of my needs, and given to others, I'd definitely play a little bit! I think I'd get us a family vehicle - some kind of SUV. I'd also buy a nice camper for us, and I may even buy myself a small little motorcycle! :)

I know that I'd continue to work, at least part time. I'd get bored and stir-crazy at home. I'd definitely make more time, however, to do my hobbies, like sewing!

Wouldn't it be nice if I were a millionaire? Too bad you can't win the lottery if you don't play it! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment