Collage

Collage

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pre-spring cleaning?

Every year, around March, I get in the mood for spring cleaning. I make a huge long list of things that need done, and I complete ohhhhh, about a third of those things. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I can NEVER get everything done that I need to do!

Anyone with young children can appreciate it and sympathize with me when I say that my boys keep me busy and constantly exhausted. But how long or how often can I use that as an excuse? The clutter absolutely drives me insane....I've got to find a way to conquer it!

I've decided that I may start my cleaning early this year, so that I don't feel so stressed to get it all done in a span of 2 or 3 weeks. I'm trying NOT to make a list, either (a very difficult thing for this habitual list-maker). I think maybe that intimidates me a bit.

The other evening after dinner, I got this crazy notion to scour and clean the stove. I must say - I VERY much enjoyed the result:


Don't you just love the squeaky cleanliness of it?? I get very excited about the prospect of having a house that - at least temporarily, I have young kids after all - looks like this.

I'm going to start this weekend, and just do a small section of the house at a time. I'm going to deep clean. I'm going to dust, get cobwebs, vacuum, re-organize, re-arrange, etc etc etc. We've lived in our house for almost three years now. It desperately needs done. I feel that when we put off cleaning, just because we're tired, or aren't in the mood, that it is kind of immature and lazy. Part of being an adult is maintaining a clean and orderly house.

So.....I'm going to do it! Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment