Collage

Collage

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Time for a lifestyle adjustment!!!

I have been seriously overloading on sugar lately. First it was Valentine's day candy. Now it's Easter candy. Oh yeah - and there were Girl Scout cookies in between....YIKES! I feel like I'm going to give myself diabetes. Take a look at my personal drawer at work...

That's right. TWO boxes of Gobstoppers (my crack - this one's going to take a 12 step program), a bag of snickers, and a bag of jelly beans.

I always come down hard on those people who say "Tomorrow, I'm going to start my diet," or "Monday, I'm going to start working out!" Why not start right now?

So today, I was gathering all my sugar, preparing it for file #13. A big part of me wanted to just finish off the bag of jelly beans, because it was over 1/2 gone anyway. But instead, I settled for a small handful, and tossed the rest. Good job, Steph. Be proud of yourself.





I don't know what's gotten into me lately. I'm still doing well with my other healthful habits. If my darn knee weren't crippled, you know I'd be out logging miles on my tennis shoes. I drink tons of water every day. This was my second bottle:




I've just been a super big sugar junkie lately. It's gotta stop!!! So, I got rid of all the sugar here @ work. I'm tossing the remaining few Girl Scout cookies at home. Now, believe me, I'm NOT sitting here thinking this is going to be a breeze. I have thee biggest sweet tooth ever. Love love love me some sugary goodness!




But it's unhealthy, and it's gotta be seriously limited. I'm not saying I'm never going to eat another cookie or brownie again. It's just going to happen less often. A lot less often. I need to learn to satisfy my sweet tooth with things like fresh fruit instead of sugary, fatty treats.




In fact, my family is coming this weekend, and I've been trying to decide what I'm going to make for food. I was going to make frosted brownies for dessert, but instead, I'm going to make a fruit salad. I know my mom will be good with that. My poor dad will have to suffer through it. He can stop at Dairy Queen on his way home if he wants. :)




So, less sugar! More fresh fruit and healthful choices!!









No comments:

Post a Comment