Collage

Collage

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Weekend Goals

I know, it's only Thursday. But I'm only working a 1/2 day tomorrow, so I'm in weekend mode already.

With me on my "frugal living" kick, I'm trying to save money wherever we go. Lately, it seems like we run errands on Friday evening or Saturday morning, get home, get settled, then Matt starts working on something, and decides that he needs to go back to town to get something he can't live without until Monday. This frustrates me because each trip to town and back costs us around $5, with the price of gas being so high (and going up every day), AND in the car that gets better gas mileage.

That being said, my new goal is to think ahead, think about all that we want/need to accomplish during that weekend, and decide what supplies and stops we need to make in order to make those things happen. Then, run all errands at once, so we can stay home all weekend. Staying home all weekend not only saves us money, it allows us a lot more time to accomplish things. I'll talk to Matt tonight, figure out his own weekend goals, and tweak my errand-running tomorrow in order to get what he needs. (Either that or just have him make his own stops before he comes home from work tomorrow!)


So.....here's my tentative plan for the weekend (always subject to and likely to change):

Tomorrow, Friday 3/30:
* Off work at noon
* Go to WalMart for groceries (serious case of Mother Hubbard in our house right now)
* Go to the meat market to stock the deep freeze
* Go pick up the kids from daycare
* Take the boys to the doctor (finally!)
* Stop at JoAnn Fabrics for supplies (see below for what I want to accomplish)
* Go to Sam's for remaining groceries (some things just have to be bought in bulk!)
* Home for the weekend

Saturday and Sunday, 3/31 - 4/1:
These are the things I'd like to accomplish this weekend (this is an ambitious list when you have 2 under the age of 3, I'm aware):
*Get a decent run in
* Clean the kitchen (eww)
* Clean the dining area and bookshelf/desk area (those two are in the same room)
* Catch up on laundry
* Make a set of coasters for dad's birthday (super-belated. oops)
* Finish the front side of the baby-clothes-blanket I'm making
* Sew a shirred skirt (I've been wanting to do this for months)
* Start working on decorative pillows to go on the new couch
* Start painting the shower curtain


Like I said, I know that's very ambitious. While I set big goals, I'm also pretty realistic. My 9-month-old has been half sick for the past week, and he's cutting his top teeth. My two year old craves constant attention. While I want him to learn to be independent, I also insist on giving him the undivided attention he wants and needs for a little bit each day.

So, I'll be happy if I can make a good dent in this list, but I honestly don't expect to get it all done. We'll see what happens. Update next week.


If I don't get anything posted tomorrow, I'll see you all next week. Happy weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment