Collage

Collage

Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Recap 3/10 - 3/12

The weather this weekend was just fantastic! It definitely played a part in our activities.

Friday evening was just like a normal weekday evening. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary, and I went to bed by 10 pm, like usual. :)

Saturday morning, I got up at 6 am, to go for my first run in 13 days. I was ready to get back out there, but was only aiming for about 5 miles. I got to 3 and was in intense pain. I pushed and struggled my way through another 1/2 mile, and hobbled home. VERY disappointing.

I'm not really sure what I'm disappointed in though. It's not like I didn't try to get five miles. I'm not a wussy, but I'm telling you - this knee pain is for real! I was barely able to walk on my right leg on Sunday, and it's still very sore today. I've accepted the fact that I'm not going to be running this 1/2 marathon. I will probably still try to do a mix of run/walk, but that was NOT my plan, and I'm pretty bummed. I'm going to continue doing my exercises, and thinking the doctor may give me a cortisone injection on my follow up visit in a few weeks, and I may be able to limp through it. But I know I've lost fitness over these last 3 weeks that I've been taking it easy, and not running. It makes me very sad, but I want to make sure I heal my knee, and do it properly and fully so that I can get back to running longer distances, and maybe doing a different 1/2 marathon in the fall, or next spring. Sigh.

Anyway....back to the weekend recap. After my run on Saturday, I took a shower, and Hendrix and I headed to Bowling Green for some errands. We went to Goodwill (to drop stuff off, and do a little browsing - no finds), Kroger, Great Clips for my little man's haircut, and WalMart. When we got home, Hendrix and I took a nap while Matt watched Jameson. Then, Matt went to Home Depot. Once we were all home, we just hung out and played legos. :) I snapped these two ridiculously adorable pics of my boys Saturday evening:








We've been redecorating our bathroom, and there will be a full post to come, once it's all finished. Here is a very sneaky sneak peak of the shelf area, that Matt worked on over the weekend. I cannot wait to do the full reveal!



Sunday, I played and sang with the worship team at church. We had to be there for practice at 7 am. Keep in mind that we sprang forward Saturday night......so I was basically up at 5 am, and at church at 6 am. OUCH! After practice, I ran home to pick up the guys, and we headed back for service at 11 am. After church, we did a quick run-through Wendy's for lunch. It was way too beautiful out to waste time cooking! :o)


Jamers had fallen asleep in my arms at church, during the sermon, (which -by the way - hasn't happened in probably 6 months. Best.Thing.Ever.) Hendrix is old enough now that - though it's tough sometimes - he can go without a nap. So, due to the amazing weather and sunshine, we decided to forego the naps, and play outside!


Jameson got to swing for the very first time. This little piggy just loved it. His fat legs were kicking non-stop, and he would just giggle away. Ohmydeargoodness this boy is so sweet he's edible, I swear!



I didn't get any action shots of Hendrix, because I was swinging Jameson while daddy chased Hendrix up and down the swirly slide. He was having a ball though!



Sunday morning, while at church, we discovered this spot on Jameson's right foot:

Not sure at all what it is, but it started looking a lot worse by Sunday night. It looks like a cross between a zit and a wart, but it looks very red and infected. It looked a bit better when he woke up this morning, but definitely still there.....I'll give it a few days, and as long as he doesn't act like it's hurting him, we'll see if it goes away on its own.


And, you see this???




We arranged with our neighbors to come over today, as I write this entry, and rip it out! We've disliked this since we moved in almost 3 years ago, and we haven't used the stove a single time. We have never been sure it's safe, and burning wood is just scary with little ones in the house. Plus, that hearth has been the cause of so many bumps and bruises.....and it's finally going away! I'm so very anxious to get home this evening and see what kind of repair work we have to do the walls behind it, but I think (HOPE!) we're prepared.


After the boys went to bed last night, Matt started seeing how loose the mortar really was. This is what he accomplished with bare hands:


Yeah, it's time for this beast to go. Can't wait to get home tonight!


And that pretty much sums up our weekend. Simple. Enjoyable. I hope that next weekend consists of me painting the living room walls. I'm thinking of a pale yellow, with bright and happy accents, and light, airy curtains. Ohhh I'm excited!












No comments:

Post a Comment