Collage

Collage

Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Recap (3.23 - 3.25)

Friday night was less than exciting, because we just went to WalMart for some house-decorating supplies, and came home.





Saturday morning, I spent about two and a half hours cleaning and organizing the boys' toy room. That post can be seen here, on my new blog!





After the toy room was clean, I decided to get out my hair extensions and play with them again. Here they are in, but not curled or styled. I wish I had more time to play with them, cause I know they'd be just beautiful if I worked with them more.








Saturday evening, we got a babysitter, and Matt and I went out to dinner. We had planned on going to our favorite Italian restaurant, Biaggi's, but they didn't have any reservations available at the time we wanted, so we tried a new restaurant, Poco Piatti. It's Lebanese and Mediterranean food and verrrrry delicious!





I wore my flying beetle/whateveritis bling ring, which I hardly ever wear. I thought he looked cool!



At dinner, we ordered an order of hummus with pita bread as an appetizer. The pita bread was absolutely awesome, and the hummus was good, though I thought there was too much lemon juice in it. Still good though, and we devoured it!

We ordered a pitcher of mixed white and red sangria. We didn't begin to drink the whole pitcher, but it cost $16 for a pitcher, and $6 for a glass. I think we drank three glasses between the two of us, and left half the pitcher there, but still saved ourselves money! It was absolutely amazing, too. Very light and refreshing. I see us having another date there this summer, just for the sangria! :)








For my dinner, I got a half order of chicken shish-kabob and greek potatoes. It was all so tasty. I almost forgot to snap a picture of it before I dug right in!








After dinner, Matt went home to get the boys to bed, and I met two girlfriends at the movies to see The Hunger Games! It was really good, and followed the book pretty closely. I'd love to see it again. And, of course, I can't wait until the next two movies come out! While I was sitting in the theatre waiting for the movie to start, and before Matt had gotten home, Lexi sent me this picture of the boys:



Are you laughing yet? Seriously, Jameson looks bigger than Hendrix. I'm pretty sure they weigh about the same. I giggled at this for a long time!






I always go in and kiss the boys sweet sleeping faces before I go to bed at night. Check out the position I caught Jameson sleeping in. Ha! I got another good laugh out of this, then pulled his fat little leg out of the slats so he could sleep more comfortably!



Sunday turned out to be a pretty nice day. I wanted to take the boys to the park, but sometimes get tired of the same old thing. We drove about ten minutes to Whitehouse, a small town between Grand Rapids and Holland (where I work). There used to be a railroad going through there that's now no longer in commission. They still have a railroad car there though, so Hendrix and I explored it, and asked daddy to snap a picture. Isn't my little man just so handsome?













Hendrix loved playing at the park, of course!







We took a short walk around a little pond they had. Check out this picture of springtime in full bloom!








Overall, it was a very enjoyable weekend, though it passed too quickly, as they always do.






Don't forget to check out my new blog: Tennies, Totes, and Tinsel where I will post about things including exercise, cleaning and organization, and crafting!






Hope everyone enjoys their week!



















No comments:

Post a Comment