Collage

Collage

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

12 Days Out

Just over a week and a half until the Glass City Half Marathon.

Not sure how I'm feeling at this point! Honestly, a big (huge) part of me just wants it to be over. I'm disappointed that I'm not running 13 straight miles at this point, and I know I would be, had I not dealt with my knee injury and having to take a whole month off training, basically. At the same time, I'm proud of myself for what I've accomplished. 9 miles is my longest run ever, and I hope to top that someday, maybe even this summer or fall.

The main reason I want the race to be over already is because I went out for a 5-mile run on Sunday, and it felt puny and pathetic. Like it wasn't good enough, since I should be running 13 miles. I'm ready to not feel like I'm not pushing myself hard enough. I'm ready to be proud of myself for going out and running for 45-50 minutes straight. It's a great workout, and I want it to feel great.

I have a plan for race-survival. As long as my knee doesn't give me pain, I think I can stick to the plan:

Run 5
Walk 2
Run 3
Walk 2
Run 1

For as un-trained as I am, I'll be very happy with myself if I can run 9 of the 13 miles. If my knee starts hurting, the plan will go out the window, and I'll just hobble along as best as I can. But I'm trying to rest it as much as I can, and am hopeful that it behaves.



I'm nervous, excited, and anxious for it to be over. Hopefully these next 12 days go quickly. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment