Collage

Collage

Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend Recap (May 11-13)

Friday May 11:
Matt had gotten home around midnight Thursday night from his 2nd trip to Indiana last week (his dad has brain cancer and was put on hospice last weekend), so him and I hadn't seen much of each other in the past few days.  Unfortunately, there was still a lot to be accomplished.  He and the boys met me at a welding and hitch shop to drop off the escape to have the hitch put on it.  After that, we grabbed McDonald's (only cause Hendrix had to go #2 - otherwise we wouldn't have stopped! LOL) and headed home. I had planned on jumping into housework Friday evening, but Matt had gotten all the laundry caught up and had cleaned the bathroom while I was at work on Friday.  How awesome!  So I gave the boys their baths, and Matt put them to bed on his own so that I could run.  I got in 4 miles, and it felt very good to do so!  After that, Matt and I had a couple beers and sat on the front porch and talked a bit.  I showered and went to bed around 10.

Saturday May 12
Little feet came padding into our bedroom right at 7 am on Saturday.  I got up with Hendrix, and after he got over his 7:02 AM tantrum, he was pretty good for the day.  We spent the majority of the day outside.  I went out early by myself and finished painting the inside of our camper.  It's not beautiful by any means, but it looks a lot better than it did.  After I gave the paint time to dry, I took Hendrix out with me and we cleaned it out really well.  I scrubbed the floor and scoured the cooktop.  We put all the mattresses back in and attempted to make a bed rail so Jameson doesn't roll out of the bed (yet to be determined if it will work).  Then, we folded up the camper.  We took a walk downtown and along the river because the weather was so gorgeous.  When we got home, Matt and I were hungry so we lit the grill and made pork chops and grilled asparagus.  I cut up and seasoned some potatoes and those roasted in the oven while the meat and veggies cooked on the grill.  It was quite the tasty meal!  After dinner, we went back downtown and got some ice cream. :)  When we got home, we made a fire in the fire pit out back, to get Hendrix used to the idea of a hot fire, since we're going to be camping this summer.  We sat around the fire and enjoyed the rest of our ice cream.  Then it was bed time.  After the boys were in bed, Matt and I sat on the front porch again and just enjoyed the weather a bit more.

Sunday May 13
I played the keyboard for second service on Sunday, and had practice at 7 am.  So I got up around 5:30, showered, and headed out.  After practice, I went home and played with the kids while Matt showered and got ready.  We went to church, then grabbed Little Ceasar's pizza on the way home for my Mother's Day Feast.  Ha!  Hey, it was cheap and easy.  I liked it. :o)  After that, we tried to put on a movie and get Hendrix to sit still so we could doze while Jameson napped.  It kind of worked.  :)  After that, we just did house work and hung out until bath and bedtime.  After the boys were in bed, I did my usual "prepare-for-the-next-day" stuff and finally got to sit down around 10, which is my bedtime.  I enjoyed a few minutes of a foot rub and then called it a day.

This coming weekend, we are making a day-trip to Indiana on Saturday to see Larry (Matt's dad).  I'm not going to lie, I'm not looking forward to it.  I'm not saying that to be mean, either.  It's just going to be a day surrounded in sadness, and who wants that?  This whole hospice/cancer thing just stinks.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and can have a productive week!

***EDITED TO ADD*** 
I forgot to mention the most exciting part of the weekend!  Saturday and Sunday night we put Hendrix to bed in undies and he did super.  He's been waking up dry for a while, and I figured we were just wasting diapers.  I finally have a 100% potty trained boy now!  1/2 way done! LOL. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment