Collage

Collage

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My enemy has returned.....

Sugar.  I love it, and I hate that I love it.  How can I stop myself from "needing" it?  Ahhhh I'm so frustrated.

A while back, I said I was going to focus hard on replacing sugar with natural sweet things such a fresh fruits.  I did.......for a while.  Then I fell off that train.

But I'm ready to get back on it.  I bought a box of "Bottle Caps" (my favorite candy after Gobstoppers)today while at Wal-Mart, and have been sitting here munching on them all afternoon.  I feel like a giant gross slob, seriously.  I know I'm not a slob, but what sugar consumption does for my mental/emotional state is complete freaking craziness.

It's gotta stop.  It seems like the more sugar I eat, the more I want.  Yikes.  I've read online that it takes anywhere from 4 days to two weeks to stop having sugar cravings, so I have a feeling the next week or so is going to be very rough. 

I through an almost-full box of bottle caps in the trash can at work about 3 minutes ago.  I anticipate a high level of difficulty on Saturday when everyone is eating cake and ice cream at Jameson's party.  I just have to keep my eye on the prize (better emotional state, better body, etc) and probably do a lot of praying for self-control!

Wish me luck.....

No comments:

Post a Comment