Collage

Collage

Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Recap (June 1-3)

Friday, June 1
Matt picked up the boys and I stayed at work after 5 and worked out, then headed to El Camino Real to meet up with my old co-workers from the call center.  We had dinner and some drinks.  It was nice to catch up with them, and I hope to do it again soon!

Saturday, June 2
We got up and headed out to Indiana for my 3rd weekend in a row, and Matt's 5th or 6th in a row.  Sigh.  But it was his niece's 1st birthday party.  Time sure flies.  We got to his brother's house (Jon) around 12:45 and let the kiddos run around.  The party was from 2-4.  We ate yummy food and watched Gracie destroy her cupcake and open her gifts.  Very cute!  We headed back home around 4:30.  The drive home - when we go there and back in the same day - is always rough.  The boys nap for a little bit, and when they wake up and realize they're still in the car, are grumpy as can be!  Hendrix woke up from his nap and was whining, which is always how it starts, but somehow we managed to act silly and play enough games to get us home without a major meltdown.  Yay!  We got the boys to bed around 8:30 and relaxed until I went to bed around 10.

Sunday, June 3
We haven't been doing a great job in going to church lately.  We dragged ourselves out of bed at 6 am, got ourselves and the boys ready, and made it to early service!  Hendrix lasted about 12 minutes before he got bored, so I ended up back in the unstaffed nursery (no nursery during early service) letting him play.  It's frustrating to go to church just for one of us to have to end up in the back the whole time, but we much prefer early service because we're home by 10:00 am.  When we go to late service, we don't even leave the house until 10:30.  Late service just cuts a large chunk out of our day.  After we got home, I started laundry and did dishes.  We had a light lunch, then Matt and Hendrix worked out in the garage, straightening it up a bit.  I worked on laundry all day, got it all put away, and we grilled out for dinner.  We had burgers, corn on the cob, and roasted red potatoes.  Mmmm.  After dinner I attempted to give both boys haircuts.  (I've been a failure at taking pictures lately.)

Around 7:20, Jameson got super fussy, because he was tired.  I gave him kisses, and Matt took him upstairs and put him in bed.  Well, he screamed bloody murder for like 15 minutes before we couldn't take it anymore.  Matt went up to calm him down while I got Hendrix's teeth brushed and took him potty one last time.  Hendrix and I went upstairs around 7:40, picked out books, and went into the bedroom.  I put Jamers on my lap to calm him down and started reading to him.  He calmed down fairly quickly, and gave me some fuzzy-headed snuggles in my neck (best thing ever).  I think he was just mad that we didn't follow our normal routine.  After books, we said our prayer as usual, and **as soon as** my body shifted to stand up, Jameson started whining.  I laid him down in his crib and he started screaming again!  At that point, I had figured out that he was just throwing a fit.  I apologized to Hendrix and told him that J would calm down shortly.  We went downstairs, and Jameson quieted down, but only for about 3 minutes.  Then he started screaming again.  I went upstairs, he was on his belly.  He knows how to roll back onto his back, but tends to be very lazy.  I rolled him on his back, told him firmly that it was time for night-night, and walked out.  He screamed for about 30 more seconds, then was out for the night.  Sigh.  He's definitely hit a cognitive growth spurt in the last week or two.  He's becoming more jealous of everything Hendrix does, he plays with you, he follows very simple instructions, and he's trying to say a few words.  Maybe he'll learn to crawl or walk soon.....geesh I hope so.

It was a pretty nice weekend.  Hoping its warm enough this coming weekend to take the boys to the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment