Collage

Collage

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fitness 2012: Week 26 (June 24 - 30)

Before we start on the workouts, did you see what week number this is?  Week 26.  That means that 2012 is half over already.  Is that blowing anyone else's mind?  Sheeeesh!

Ok, down to business...

Sunday June 24 (Happy 1st birthday, Jamers!)
3.31 mile run, pace somewhere around 9:05

Monday June 25
30 minutes on elliptical at work

Tuesday June 26
4.1 mile run at a 9:15 average pace

I'm starting to increase my mileage a bit now, and go for a run longer than a 5k at least once a week because I reminded myself that I want to run the Race for Recovery again in October, and I want to do the 10k instead of the 5k!

Wednesday June 27
REST DAY (I moved many files in our file room at work, so this burned a few calories, I'm sure!)

Thursday June 28
30 minutes on elliptical at work ~ 400 calories burned
The original plan for this day was at least a 5k in the evening.  But with a heat index of 108, I decided to opt for the air conditioning!

Friday June 29
20 minutes on the elliptical at work ~ 200 calories burned

Saturday June 30
REST DAY - used this rare opportunity to sleep past 7 am. 


I would really like to see a 40 mile month for July, but there is no way that's going to happen if these scorching temperatures don't let up.  The past two weeks have been in the upper 90's with triple digit heat indexes.  Too hot to safely run!

Miles for the week: 7.41
Miles for June: 27.15
Miles for 2012: 173.05

No comments:

Post a Comment