Collage

Collage

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Weekend Recap (June 29 - July 1)

It's almost time to start my next weekend recap, so I suppose I should get this last one posted, huh? 

Friday evening, I did our grocery/meat market run right after work so that I wouldn't have to spend my Saturday  morning running errands.  I got home around 7 pm.  Matt went back to a store around 8:30 to finish up some work he needed to do when the store was less busy.  I enjoyed a glass of wine and my new favorite snack, Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds, on the front porch with my Kindle.


After that, I went to bed around 10 pm.  Yup, that was my super-exciting Friday night.  I'm so old.  Ha!

Saturday morning, I was able to sleep until 7:20, which is late for me!  Saturday was supposed to be a big productive day, where we were going to go room by room and purge the house of all the junk we have amassed over the last couple years.  Well......we pretty much didn't do anything all day other than play with the boys and enjoy our family time!

I purchased a food processor (one that actually works after purchasing two others that wouldn't turn on right out of the box) and made myself some hummus.  Yummmmmy!



Hendrix and I walked down to the park and after he tried to go down the big twisty slide that had been in the sun all morning and was scorching hot, and he burned his leg and ended up standing up at the top of the slide screaming, I decided to stop by the old-fashioned candy store on the way back home and get him a little treat.  I got him some blue raspberry gummies and got myself some Maple Nut Goodies.  Anyone else in love with these delicious treats?



Matt's friend Jack gave Hendrix a giant tote of Legos from his sons (who are now teenagers) and we dove into these after lunch on Saturday, since it was so hot outside.  Wow, they were a hit!  We all four sat and built fun things for a good hour together!






We got a sitter for the boys for a couple hours on Saturday evening and Matt and I walked downtown (about 2 blocks - ha!) to a restaurant called LaRoe's.  We first stopped into a book store we'd been wanting to check out for a while, though.  Very cool.  It's half book store, half art gallery.  Check it out:



(The price tag on this tiger is $45,000!)

(I loved this piece, but it wasn't for sale.  Not that I'd be able to afford it anyway!)



We love LaRoe's, and don't go there nearly enough.  It's a bit pricey, but their patio is to die for.  This is the view of the river from our table.  So pretty and peaceful!


This is the patio.  Wouldn't you just love to sit and sip some wine here?  Yeah, we love it too.


Matt and I both enjoy craft beers and micro-brews, and don't have a taste for your average domestic light beers.  (Bleck.)  So we both ordered the "Flight of Beers," and it was great!  It looks like a ton of beer, but it's only 24 ounces (equal to 2-12 oz bottles of beer) and cost $6.95, which is a good price, since they're all micros and craft beers.  



Sunday was another day of relaxation.  I played the keyboard for church, and we just relaxed and grilled on Sunday evening, as has become our tradition.

It was a relaly nice and relaxing weekend.  Hoping to repeat, starting in about 30 hours! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment