Collage

Collage

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Family Update

I need to do these more regularly!  Just wanted to take a few minutes to fill you in on the latest with each member of our family, since those boys of mine are growing and changing to fast!

Matt
Matt has finally been able to get back into the stores at work. He spent about 8 months filling in for the produce director, who sadly passed away in November. They replaced the director (Matt applied for the job, but didn't get it) and now Matt is able to get back to the stores, which he enjoys.  He was very leary of my camping idea this past spring, but it turns out that he loves going camping, and he's even started listening to and enjoying country music with me.  Who knew!?? :)

Me
I've now lost 21 pounds since giving birth to Jameson 13 months ago.  I'm very proud of myself, and keeping up with fitness, watching my calorie intake, and being healthy in general is very important to me!  This summer has been quite enjoyable with camping, playing outside, and small get aways.  I've really enjoyed it, but I'm not going to lie, I'm REALLY ready for the fun that fall brings, along with the cooler weather, beautiful leaves, yummy hot soups, and football!  I'm getting along pretty well with my job.  I get frustrated often that I am away from my kids for 50 hours a week (including drive time to and from work), but at this point in time, it's what has to be done.  I'm working on accepting that, though I don't do a very good job of it more often than not.  I travelled to Colorado Springs for my birthday, and will do a post about that, as soon as I can get all of my pictures loaded onto my laptop.

Hendrix
Hendrix has been fully potty trained for 3 or 4 months now.  He does fantastic.  He pees the bed occasionally, but last night he woke me up at 2 am to tell me he had to potty.  I was so proud of him!!!  He's still just the happiest little guy, always smiling and being goofy.  He's such a joy to be around, and - not kidding - the most handsome man I've ever seen!  He loves "school," and I'm finding it impossible to believe that he'll advance to the pre-school class in November after his birthday.  Wow!  He knows all of his colors (though we think he is red-green color blind) and his shapes.  We are going to really start working on letter recognition now.  I'm making some flash cards this week, and hopefully he'll be able to know his alphabet by sight before he really does start pre-school next fall.

Jameson
My sweet piggy.  He finally started crawling four days after his birthday.  I was getting worried about his motor development, but he seems to have caught up acceptably, though he's still not walking.  He can pull up now and he cruises along furniture.  He'll hopefully be walking within the next few months.  He better be walking by Thanksgiving though, because I have him enrolled to start at Willow (Hendrix's school) in December!  Willow starts kids at 18 months.  My babies are growing so quickly!  Jameson can now get up steps (but not down) and says mama, dada, dog, and car.  He has started scowling almost all the time, and alternates between scowls of concentration and goofy, toothy grins if you address him.  He points at everything and babbles his gibberish with intonation like he's asking what stuff is, so we go around the house naming everything.  Ha!

Time just keeps right on passing by, it's crazy.  I can't believe it's the middle of August already.  I'm very ready for fall, and look forward to all the fun we're going to have as a family.  Matt and I have a little one-night getaway planned in September with a few other couples.  Hendrix has informed me that he wants to be Spiderman for Halloween, and that Jameson is going to be a farmer.  Um, ok! 

We are planning on going on one more camping trip in October (though no official date is set yet).  We are travelling to southern Illinois over labor day weekend to see my dad's family.  I'm not looking forward to the car ride, but can't wait to spend time with relatives we so rarely see! 

I've got a decent start on my Christmas shopping, and plan on getting at least four more gifts this month.  My goal is to be done by Thanksgiving.

All in all, we are doing fantastic, and are so very blessed.  I just fall more in love with my family every day and thank God for each one of them!

Hope August finds everyone else doing well also!

No comments:

Post a Comment