Collage

Collage

Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend Recap (August 24-26)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Our weekend was hot!  We were teased with beautiful weather for the past couple weeks, but summer reared it's now-ugly head again, and blanketed us with mid-90 degree temps, and lots of that lovely (sarcasm) humidity.  The community pool is closed already, now that school is back in session, so there wasn't much to do.

Friday, August 24
We took the boys for a walk down by the river after dinner.  Once they were in bed, Matt removed the trim from the kitchen in preparation for painting it.  I emptied the pantry, and Matt and I carried it out to the garage to be painted.


I really love the photo apps on my iPhone.  I can never get my boys to look at me and smile at the same time, so I just take two separate pics, and put them together, like this beauty.  Aren't these boys just precious?



Saturday August 25
Saturday, I slept in until 7 am (yes, that's sleeping in for me).  When we got up, I made some breakfast for the boys, and then we headed to Bowling Green for errands.  We dropped Cordoroy off to get groomed (pic soon!), then ran to Home Depot, WalMart, and Hobby Lobby.  Once we got home, we just worked on painting things for the kitchen.  It was hot, so the boys played outside a bit, but we also made pillow forts, painted, and played in the toyroom.

Sunday August 26
On Sunday, Matt painted the trim for the kitchen, and I painted the two windows.  I attempted a yarn globe idea from pinterest.  You can see how well that turned out.



I also made my mom's bran muffin recipe, but with 3 healthier substitutions.  I substantially reduced the calories per muffin.  You can read that recipe and tutorial on my new blog, found here!



We grilled some verrrry tasty burgers on the grill Sunday evening, and took another walk downtown.  We just love our little town!

How was your weekend?

Did you do anything exciting?

Have any delicious food?

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and productive week.  Yay for a three-day weekend coming up, right??


No comments:

Post a Comment