Collage

Collage

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Rants and Ramblings

Today, I just have one big rant to go on. 

Obnoxious sports fans.  Can't stand 'em.

If you know me at all, you know that I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan.  I'm a big sports fan in general.  Something about that physical competition that I just really love!

I think I'm a good fan though.  I love my team simply because I love them.  I "discovered" the Cowboys when I was twelve, back in 1996.  I jumped on the bandwagon at that time because they were "the team" at the time.  But I haven't swayed from my love and loyalty to them in the last 16 (ouch, I feel old) years.  So, like I said, I'm a Cowboys fan just because I am.

So many fans (of any team, not just the Cowboys) lately get their kicks by just dogging other teams all the time.  It's like their level of loyalty to their team is judged only by how many insults they can throw around at other teams and other fans.  It seriously drives me crazy.

If you're a die-hard fan of any team - that's great.  I encourage that kind of sports excitement!  But don't be obnoxious about it.  It's just annoying. 

I've spent the last 16 years hearing about a gazillion people talk about how much they hate the Cowboys.  They're a team you either love or you hate.  I'm the only member of my family who's a lover. :)  So I'm not going on this rant because my feelings are hurt.  I'm used to the insults! Haha!

I think social networking plays a big part in this growing pet-peeve of mine.  So many people (mostly women, I must add) fill their news feeds with "That team sucks!" and "Your quarterback is such a girl!" and so on and so forth.  I was ***this*** close to deleting a female co-worker of mine this morning because of it.

It's great and a lot of fun to get excited about a sporting event.  It's ok and normal to be really bummed when your team doesn't pull off a win.  But to sit around and "be a fan" by dogging every other team out there, I can't stand it.  It seems like something a 14 year old boy would do.

I'm just sayin. ;)  And with that, today's installment of "Rants and Ramblings" comes to a close.

Happy almost-weekend, and happy football season, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment