Collage

Collage

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September

Is it just me, or is September really awkward?

It's not really summer anymore, but it's not fall yet either.  It can easily still be scorching hot, while everyone (ok, maybe just me?) is dreaming of crisp days, hot cider, and hoodies. 

The temps are perfect for evening runs, but it's pitch black outside at 8:30, which is usually when I run in the evenings (no more night running alone for me).

It's hard to dress my boys (and myself, actually!).  Today is a perfect example.  The high is supposed to be in the lower 80's, but this morning, when leaving the house, it was barely 50 degrees, and chilly! 

The corn and the beans are just starting to turn brown, but all of the trees are as green as can be.

Pumpkin recipes are all over Pinterest and the internet, I got out my pumpkin scented candles and sniffed them nostalgically yesterday, but it's not cool enough to fill the house with and/or burn pumpkin scents.

Oh September, you're crazy.  Nothing personal, but let's move on to your next door neighbor, October. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment