Collage

Collage

Friday, October 26, 2012

Sickness.

It's that time of year, I suppose.  Both boys spent last week coughing.  Alllll night long.  Happens quite often, actually.

Well, I mentioned the other day that Jamers was teething and was just miserable.  He had gotten a clean bill of health at the doctor on Monday morning.  Daycare called me Tuesday afternoon because he was super fussy and had pus oozing out of his right ear.  He hadn't slept hardly at all Monday night.  It was all coming together.  Fantastic.

I called my friend (and the boys' previous babysitter) to see if she had any ear drops we could use, and she did.  So we started them.  Yesterday (Thursday), daycare called again to say that Jameson was crying, running a temp of almost 100, and just miserable.  I got home at 5:30 and this is how I found him.  How pathetic is this picture?


I took his temp (once he woke up) three times throughout the evening, and it was 98.7 degrees every time.  He was talking, trying to play normally, and ended up eating three pieces of pizza for dinner!  That evening, however, after bath, I was cleaning out his ears, and discovered that his left ear was now oozing as well.  Gah!!

Matt took him to the doctor today, and he does indeed have a double ear infection.  Other than that, he seems to be ok.  But the poor baby must be in a lot of pain.  Hendrix - as of right now - seems to be healthy as a horse, with as much energy as a spider monkey on steroids. :)

So, as we head into the weekend, hopefully we can get Mr. Piggy feeling better very soon, and be able to enjoy ourselves a bit, though our to-do list is enormous!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment