Collage

Collage

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Teeth. The word that strikes fear in the parent of a baby.

If teething were a person, I would hunt him (we'll call teething a guy) down, corner him in a dark alley, and beat the tar out of him, until he had no life left.

Ugh!!! 

Poor Jamers.  The boy has been cutting his molars for what feels like 4 years.  The top two are through, but the bottom ones are just so stubborn.  You can feel them right under the surface of the gums, but they just won't break through.  His little mouth is so swollen.  For the past week, he's been about the biggest grouch I've ever known.  He just cries and whines, and wants held, and he isn't eating much, and he's all around miserable.

On top of teething, he got three shots at the doctor yesterday, for his 15 month check-up.  Doctor gave him a clean bill of health, so I can't blame anything other than the teething or the shots, but last night was just horrible.  I bet I was up ten times, trying to comfort that boy into sleeping.  He just kept waking up and crying.  It was an almost-sleepless night.

I'm tired.  I'm wallowing.  I want sleep.  But more than that, I want these darn teeth to just cut through already!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment