Collage

Collage

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Weekend Recap: 10/26 - 10/28

Friday 26 October
Friday evening, we had steak and peppers with spanish rice for dinner.  One of our most favorites!  Remember how I mentioned that Jameson had a double ear infection?  Check out this poor boy's drainage on Friday evening.....


After dinner, I got the boys to bed.  Then, I headed next door.  Our neighbor was evicted from her house a few weeks ago, due to it being almost in an un-livable condition.  The landlords live down the street, and have become friends of ours over the few years that we've lived in Grand Rapids.  They have new renters moving in tomorrow, and have spent the last two weeks over at the house, trying to get it back in good condition.  We know they must be exhausted.  I asked Amy if she needed help with anything, and she asked me to help paint.  So I helped her from 8:15-11:15 Friday night. 

Saturday 27 October
I made baked pancakes on Saturday morning.  You make the pancake batter just like you normally would, but you pour it into a baking sheet and bake it for about 20 minutes.  So much easier than standing at the skillet/griddle forever, while your family enjoys the fruits of your labor!!  They tasted amazing. 


This is what my plate looked like, all ready to eat!


This is what it looked like about five minutes later!


Mmmmmm.

After breakfast, we headed out to the garage.  We'd had a dumpster dropped off Friday evening, and we were going to tear into that garage.  After several projects around the house, our garage was absolutely full of construction waste, trash, and junk.  It was embarrassing.  But it's clean now!  (Hopefully I can get pics up soon.)  We worked on the garage from 10a-3p.  Then, we headed inside to shower and warm up!

After getting cleaned up, we took the boys to a nearby town for trick-or-treating. 

Here's the amazing Spiderman!


And this is what I got when I tried to take a picture of the evil Doctor Octopus.

Haha.


We only stopped at about ten houses, then headed back home.  The super hero and super villain looked like this as we drove TO trick-or-treating:


Spiderman was actually sacked out by the time the ten minute drive was over.  But as soon as we mentioned candy, he miraculously was wide awake! :)


After we got home from trick-or-treating, we had broccoli cheese soup (which didn't turn out great, in my opinion, though Matt enjoyed it).  Then, we got the kiddos bathed and in bed.

Matt and I watched "The Wild Wonderful Whites of West Virginia."  It's a documentary on Netflix about this huge white trash family in West Virginia.  It was seriously like a horrific train wreck.  Almost scary to watch, but too crazy to turn away.  Wow.

Sunday 28 October
Sunday morning, we headed to church.  When we got home, we had a quick lunch, and got Jameson down for his nap, and Hendrix settled in for his mandatory quiet time on the weekends.  Matt and I both managed to doze off for a few minutes. 

We did the usual Sunday routine of watching football, and just relaxing.  I made chicken fettuccine alfredo for dinner - another of our favorites!



An underwear-clad little boy begged for some hot cocoa.  That was a request I couldn't turn down.  You try to look into those deep gray eyes and say no.  Hehehe.




This coming weekend, Matt is going to be in Illinois for work training, so I'm planning what is hopefully a really fun Saturday for the boys and I!!  I'm excited, but keeping my plans secret for now. :)

Hope everyone has a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment