Collage

Collage

Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Recap (Oct 5-7)

What a fall-ish weekend!  The weather was much cooler, we ate soup, and we went pumpkin-crazy!

Friday, 5 October
Friday evening,  we had dinner, I did a bit of crafting, and got the boys to bed.  Matt and I were both in bed at 10 PM.  Woo hoo, we're such partiers!


Saturday, 6 October
Today, Matt and I celebrated five years of marriage!  Our plans were...well, nothing, but we were kind of excited about that, actually!  I made pumpkin spice baked oatmeal for breakfast.  It was ok.  I wasn't in love with it, but it was a good, warm breakfast on a cold morning.


Matt worked some tent sales, so he wasn't home until around 2:30 pm.  Once the boys were up, fed, and dressed, we headed to Napoleon (to one of the tent sales) and picked up pumpkins for a dollar each!  I may have gone a little crazy, but I got 14 pumpkins, 2 bags of apples, apple cider, and a bale of hay.  Matt brought home 4 cornstalks.  Our front porch is definitely screaming "fall!"  The best part?  We paid around $25 for everything.  I LOVE these tent sales each year!  After Matt got home, we decorated the porch.




Is this a handsome little man, or what?

Saturday evening, we got the boys to bed around 8 pm, and Matt and I enjoyed Chinese takeout on the couch in our sweats.  It was sooooooo tasty!  We were going to watch a movie, but the Reds and Ohio State were both playing, so we flipped back and forth between those games.  We're big sports nuts in our house.  I started falling asleep on the couch around 10 PM, and called it another early night!

Sunday, 7 October
On Sunday, Matt and I did a lot of deep-down dusting.  We cleaned all of the ceiling fans in the house, and worked on cobwebs up along the ceiling/wall line.  I did some crafting, and we watched football, of course.  I made a double batch of my dad's hamburger vegetable soup in the crock pot, and I also baked and processed one of the pumpkins I purchased on Saturday.  It's in the freezer, just waiting for the opportunity to be made into a delicious pie!



Steamy hot pumpkin, fresh out of the oven!



My little soup-making helper. :)




I've been wanting a shirt like this for a long time.  So I made one!



Tonight's dinner, which I prepared ahead of time.  Yay for preparation and a quick, easy dinner!


It was a very fall-festive weekend, but nothing compared to the weekend coming up!  It's the annual Applebutter Fest in Grand Rapids this coming weekend, and I couldn't be more excited!  It's my favorite weekend every year, and I took Friday and Monday off this year.  We always cook delicious food, drink tasty wine, and just relax and enjoy the festivities.  It's always so much fun watching all the craft vendors set up their booths the couple nights preceding the festival.  (We live almost directly across the street from the field of craft vendors.)  You can feel the "party-like" atmosphere throughout the whole town the night before the festival.  People have bonfires, get-togethers, and it's always so much fun.  More to come on this in next week's recap!

In the mean time, I hope everyone enjoys their week!  Only four days of work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment