Collage

Collage

Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend Recap (Sept. 28-30)

Here we are at Monday again.  Gross.  I guess it's inevitable, isn't it.  But it's a new month, and each new month feels like a new beginning and a chance to do something positive, so that's my plan. Stay tuned!

Our weekend was a little rough, for whatever reason.  Hendrix exhibited some pretty poor behavior, and Matt and I were at our wits end with it yesterday.  We kept losing our patience, which probably exacerbated the problem, but it was a tough weekend. 

Friday 28 September
Jameson went to "school" again on Friday, and had another great day.  Both boys were very sleepy Friday evening, though, so we didn't do much.  The boys were in bed by 8:30 pm.  I made a batch of my semi-homemade salsa, and also a sugar-free version of cake batter dip, and I think I was in bed by 10.  Oh, the excitement!

Saturday 29 September
Saturday morning, I got up and went to Bowling Green to pick up Hendrix's birthday present.  I got him a like-new Power Wheels F150 truck for $150 (they retail at $300).  Our neighbor boy has one and every time Hendrix sees it, he says, "Mom, I think we should get one of those at the store."  He'll be so excited!

Last weekend, when my mom watched the boys, we forgot to take our carseats out of her car before she went home.  Thankfully we have 4 carseats, so we were ok for the week, but we needed our second set back, so we met my parents, and Matt's mom in Lima, OH for lunch so we could get the carseats back.  We met at Texas Roadhouse and had a yummy (though unhealthy!) lunch.  After lunch we ran to Sam's Club, then headed back home.  It was a short visit, but very nice to see our parents.  Saturday afternoon, while Jameson napped and Hendrix had quiet time, I cooked up a couple pounds of taco meat - partially for us, and partially for the boys' school lunches.  Then, I got to work on a Christmas gift for my niece, Rylee.  So excited about it!

Saturday evening, I made a batch of homemade applesauce in the crock pot.  Wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it's absolutely delicious!  I'd love to make more and freeze it, if I can get a good deal on some apples.  This is the time of year for it, but the drought this summer really wreaked havoc on the Michigan apple crop.


Sunday 30 September
Sunday morning, I cooked up 3 and a half pounds of sloppy joe meat for the deep freezer, so that the boys can take it for lunch throughout the next few months.  My plan is to cook something each weekend and stock our freezer so that they have a nice variety, and we also have fallback options, if we forget to prepare dinner, which happens!

We haven't been doing a great job of going to church lately, and this day was no exception.  It's very frustrating, though, because you never know if there will be child care or not, and the last few times we've gone, I've ended up sitting back in the "nursery" while the boys play with toys.  I don't go to church to do that - I can do that at home.  Plus, it doesn't start until 11 am, and it lasts a good two hours.  So we're gone from our home from 10:30 until 1:30, and it cuts such a huge chunk out of our day.  Being gone for 50 hours each week for work leaves us such a desire to be home on the weekends, and honestly, that's where we've chosen to spend our Sundays lately.  It's not good, I know.  But I'm just being honest.

Sunday brought us some beautiful weather.  I played outside with the boys.  Matt worked most of the day on getting our baseboard up in the bathroom, but that's finally done now.  Woo hoo!  I made stuffed shells for dinner - one of our favorites.  It was very tasty.  The boys went to bed at 7:15 because they were both tired, and Matt and I were so tired of dealing with Hendrix's bad behavior and attitude!  I crawled in bed myself at 8:15.  Holy sleep!  I got 9 hours of sleep on a work night.  That's unheard of for me!

Friday evening's dinner: chicken quesadillas and a glass (maybe two) of Merlot.  Mmmmm!
 

I broke down and bought a "Fall Mix" from Brach's.  This stuff is dangerous.

I made an awesome cake batter dip last weekend, but decided to try it again this weekend with a sugar free cake mix, and adding my own sprinkles.  Turned out great!  So great, in fact, that I threw it away this morning (Monday) because I can't stop going to the fridge to eat it!!

I've been wanting a pair of Toms for a while, but can't justify spending $50 on a pair of canvas shoes that probably cost about $4 to make.  I got these at WalMart for $10.  I'm cheap, but seriously, I love these shoes.  I want a couple more pairs in different colors!


Hendrix helped me sand the picture frame that will be turned into a Christmas gift for Rylee.  He was a big helper.



Sunday morning disaster-making in progress!!!  I love these little mess-makers so darn much.


I have a full work week this week, but the next two weeks are four-day weeks for me!  Next weekend is Applebutter Fest in Grand Rapids - my favorite weekend of the whole year.  I took Friday and Monday off this year.  Very much looking forward to it!  We hope to decorate our front porch for fall this coming weekend.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment