Collage

Collage

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Facebook Hiatus

I de-activated my Facebook page on November 1st, with the intention of staying off of Facebook for at least ten days.  I ended up re-activating it on Friday night, after Jameson ended up in the ER, so that I could request prayer, and update people on his condition.

Now that Jameson is back to health, I'm back to being ridiculously annoyed and aggravated by Facebook. 

I have been considering a hiatus for a long time.  I feel it was finally time to stop talking about it and just do it. The main reason I chose to do this is because of the political posts.

Politics.  I thought that people's political posts were bad before the election.  I wasn't prepared for how upset I would be by posts after the election.  I will let it be known that I voted for Romney.  But I'm absolutely amazed by audacity of some of the Romney-supporters, and their rude and disrespectful comments towards Obama-supporters.  We live in a democratic country.  Regardless of the outcome, democracy is still, and always will be, a beautiful thing.  So many people, many of whom are members of the church we attend, have been blatantly calling Obama supporters "stupid, ignorant, and brainwashed." This is so very rude and close-minded that I just couldn't stand it anymore. 

I'm not leaving Facebook forever.  As annoying as it is to me, I love being able to stay in touch with people I can't see every day.  But for right now, I desperately need a break from the annoyances and aggravations.

This post is certainly not intended to offend or hurt anyone, and I apologize if it did that.  I just felt like I owed a bit of explanation to those who wondered why I left Facebook.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment